Monday, April 21, 2008

Caps for Spring


Like to sew, like caps, then let me tell you about this great online tutorial with down-loadable pattern from Curiously Crafty.

These hats are ones I made using the Curiously Crafty Pattern. BTW, while I do also sell hats, these hats are for myself or friends and not for sale. Curiously Crafty holds a Creative Commons License, allowing people such as you and I to share, use, make the pattern - for personal use, but not to sell.

These caps fit low on the head, and also make great cover ups for people who have lost their hair. Thus great for cancer caps to donate.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

deborah said...

jane, thanks for the post, were the hats difficult, on a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate them? I think it would be a good project to do for our Relay for Life team, to generate donations..I have sewn a lot in the past and only occasionally now, just wondered about how long it takes to do one..thanks, deb

Jane Carlstrom said...

Deb, Thanks so much, and what a great idea to use them for relay for life.

Because I make lots of hats, it is a little hard for me to say about the difficulty. Maybe a 3 - if 1 is easiest.

For this style of hat, I thought the directions clear. The pattern is excellent - the crown pieces are shaped - not all the same, which provides a fabulous fit. The only thing is to keep each piece marked so they get put together in the correct order.

The brim is very nice too.

I'd say try one out and see what you think. Or if you want to do a sew along when you are ready to make the hat let me know and we can each be sewing one at the same time. When is the relay?

Hmmm, wonder if anyone else would like to sew along on a hat project? Let us know.

deborah said...

sew along sounds fun, I have lots of fabric, from my quilting days, I will go back to the instructions to see what all I need, and I will let you know...maybe on the group, that way all can see our discussion.

Crafters Challenge Hall of Fame