Thursday, May 15, 2008

Things to Do with Felt Beads/Balls

Here are a few things made from wet felted beads.
There are lots of tutorials on how to make felt balls. I learned to make them back in 2005, from one of the earliest ones found on Craftster.

There are fewer tutorials on what to do with the beads. Mostly one starts playing with the beads, piercing them with a needle or awl and letting their imagination lead the way.

Sometimes one just wants a no thinking, already planned project to guide them. This tutorial on "Thats Clever" Wool Felt "Bead Buddy" Charm by Gage Evans, uses a felt ball as the body. Looked pretty cute to me, so ordered some feet and hands from Pink supply and tried out Gage's tutorial. My little buddies look entirely different from hers, but would not have thought of making buddy charms on my own, so the tutorial lead me to work in a little different way than usual. Thanks Gage!

If you want to make some Wool Felt "Bead Buddies" of your own without making the felt beads too. You will find a number of hand made felt beads available on Etsy and elsewhere. I also offer a few in one of my Etsy Shops "Felt Sew Crafty" and one set is available through the Craft Show on Crafter's Challenge.

If you make some bead buddies, or have other ways to use felt beads or balls, give us a link in comments, we'd love to see what you make.

Thanks so much.
Craft on!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome to my blog (http://lianginbead.spaces.live.com/) to see my new works of beads.
Liang-In Liu from Taiwan

Crafters Challenge Hall of Fame